Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My first car

You never forget your first car! In the process of transferring the previous post I came across this photo :)  Can you spot me the head sticking out, lol.
I have loads of memories associated with this old skiedonk.
It had a big exhaust that meant it could be heard from kilometers away. One of my friends said that their TV distorted when I pulled up :)
We had a blast with it, and even did a trip down to Margate from Johannesburg with it for the Y2K new-years celebration. We almost had to turn back but after some fiddling in the engine at the first service station it managed to make it all the way there and back. Was about 7 hours there and 7 back.
The steering weel had about a 10 degree "give" after someone (guy in the blue in the photo :)) drove it over a side-walk, but that didn't stop me from driving it for another year before I bought by second car with some money I inherited from Oupa Daan (my namesake :))

No comments: